Wednesday, September 28, 2016

#Stress


When I start to feel stressed, which has been happening more recently the first thing to go is taking care of myself. I stop exercising, start eating quick and easy foods that are not fueling my body and I start eating sweets. I don't think my personal experience in handling stress is unique. However, I have to find a way to break the cycle and it usually is me stopping to realize what am I doing? Why am I letting these outside factors take over my life, derail my goals and make me start over all over again? And you know what, the minute I start exercising, taking time to cook a meal and spend time with my family the things that once seemed like these massive problems causing so much stress don't seem so big and are more manageable. So if you are feeling stressed, remember to stop the negativity and start with something as small as a 5 minute walk to get your endorphins switched around. If you have a few more minutes try this quick 10 minute workout to help breakup the stress of what is going on around you.

10 minute Cardio Destressfest 

1 minute Marching in Place
1 minute Step Side to Side
1 minute Knee Kicks (Alternating)
1 minute Front Kicks  (Alternating)
1 minute Forward Lung (Right Leg)
1 minute Forward Lung (Left Leg)
1 minute Jumping Jacks
1 minute Squats
1 minute Hop on Right Foot
1 minute Hop on Left Foot


How do you reset when things are stressful?

No comments:

Post a Comment